“Corporations cause problems whenever public officials allow themselves to be compromised by corporate wealth and power” – Gerald Cauthen, President of the Bay Area Transportation Working Group
Maybe we need to see some studies on the success/failures of Public/Private enterprises. How do the public/private determine power and distribute profits and how are outcomes of the programs measured?
- Under what circumstances do governments enter into public/private enterprises?
- How do public/private partners determine separation of powers?
- What does each party contribute to ensure the success of the program?
- How much public funds are invested in public/private enterprises?
- How is the public involved in decisions to partner with corporation?
- What are the shared goals and interests of the partners?”
- What is the oversight process for the public/private enterprises?
- How do government entities enforce regulations on their private partners?
- Is government exerting proper authority over their corporate partners?
- How are disputes handled?
- What are the financial outcomes of the public/private enterprises?
- Are government entities recovering their investments?
- Is the public being served by all the public/private enterprises?
- Does the public know about these partnership?
- Does the public support these partnerships?