by Judy Cooper : bizjournals – excerpt (includes a slide show)
- Transbay Terminal/Caltrain Downtown Extention Phase 1 : $2.26 billion
- BART Railcar procurement program : $2.03 billion
- Caltrain Electrification : $1.98 billion
- Muni Third Street Light Rail Phase 2 Central Subway : $1.58 billion
- Toll Bridge Rehabilitation Program : $892.09 million
With San Francisco traffic congestion recently ranking as the fourth worst in the world and one poll showing 70 percent of locals are willing to pay higher taxes for a solution, it’s safe to say many Bay Area residents are fed up with their commute.
Several large-scale transportation infrastructure projects aim to alleviate some of that frustration. In this Friday’s issue of the San Francisco Business Times we spotlight the 25 biggest transportation projects underway in the region.
Projects on the List are ranked by total cost. All together, the top 25 projects are valued at some $14.1 billion combined. Data for the List was obtained from the Metropolitan Transportation Commission… (more)